All pupils wear school uniform. The school uniform, introduced when the school first opened, has been a great success and has been adapted recently to cater for pupils and parents’ wishes.
The main purpose of adhering to a uniform code is to encourage pupils to identify with the school, both in and out of school time. It also eases the pressure that children can put on parents to provide the latest fashion clothes in competition with other children. This can deflect attention away from good attitudes to work in school.
All items of uniform can be bought directly from our uniform suppliers, Tots to Teams or Elizabeth’s Embroidery by visiting their websites using the links below:
In school, we do have a small range of uniform items that can be looked at for sizing purposes. If required, please call in the School Office to view these items.
Pre-loved uniform can be sourced from Lifeline Community Action which can be found in Newton Aycliffe Town Centre.
The uniform for all pupils is as follows:
- Pale blue collared shirt/blouse
- School tie
- Royal blue v necked sweatshirt or sweat cardigan
- Charcoal grey trousers/shorts/skirt/pinafore dress (not black)
- Suitable black shoes – not trainers, boots or sandals.
There is an optional uniform which can be worn during the Summer Term only:
- White polo shirt (no tie) with long or short charcoal grey trousers
- skirt (not black) or blue gingham or striped dress.
- White T shirt (with logo optional) and royal blue shorts
- Pupils may also wear track suit bottoms for PE outside if the weather is cool.
- Swimming costume and swimming hat.
- Training shoes are essential for OUTDOOR games activities.
- Black plimsolls for indoor PE are required.
Names are required on all clothing.
When pupils wear boots, heavy shoes or wellingtons during bad weather, they will need an extra pair of shoes into which to change. High-heeled shoes, fashion shoes and trainers are unsuitable wear in school. Black flat-heeled shoes are recommended.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.