The Breakfast Club is managed by Byerley Park Primary School and exists to provide high quality before school childcare for Reception pupils up to Year 6 on roll at the school. It provides a range of stimulating and creative activities in a safe environment.
The Breakfast Club offers the following:
- an environment that is safe, supportive and nurturing.
- a place to be with friends and make new ones.
- a tasty, healthy and nutritious breakfast menu including: cereal, toast with butter and jam, fruit, yoghurts, crumpets, pancakes, milk and fruit juice.
- different activities and the opportunity to prepare for the day ahead.
The Breakfast Club staff will ensure that appropriate standards of behaviour, good manners and hygiene are maintained.
Breakfast Club will run from 7.50am to the start of the school day at 8.50am, from the school hall. Breakfast will be served until 8.30am. It will not operate during school holidays or INSET days.
Only children for whom a Registration Form has been completed may attend the Breakfast Club. You can collect a form from the school office or they can email one to you. Once this has been completed and returned to school, a payment item for Breakfast Club will be set up on your ParentPay account.
Payment of Fees and Cancellation
The cost will be £4.00 per child per session, the price includes breakfast. Payment must be made in advance via ParentPay. Cash or cheque payments will not be accepted. No refunds will be given but payment can be carried over where a child has been absent due to sickness or the club has been cancelled (e.g. due to bad weather). In the event of unforeseen school closure, any payment made will be carried forward. Parents will be given a notice period of one month of any change in fees.
- A child must not be sent to Breakfast Club if unwell.
- The school reserves the right to refuse admission to the club for any pupil with poor behaviour.
- The school also reserve the right to contact parents and ask them to come and collect their child if necessary. There will be no refund in these circumstances.
- It is the responsibility of parents/carers to bring their child to the hall via the front waiting area and hand them over personally (not dropping them at the school gate) to sign them in. Absent children will only be followed up at the start of the school day in accordance with our normal registration procedures.
- School staff will be driving onto the school premises whilst the Breakfast Club is in operation. The main gate to the staff carpark will be open; parents and carers are responsible for their children while walking through the carpark. Parents are not allowed to drive onto school premises and should park appropriately and considerately on the road outside the school.
- Any special dietary requirements (e.g. due to allergies or religious/cultural beliefs) must be notified in advance on the Registration Form. The Breakfast Club will not be responsible for anything happening where allergies or relevant medical conditions have not been declared. We will try to accommodate individual needs but this may not always be possible.
- All reported accidents will be documented in an accident book. Staff will administer basic First Aid and if necessary contact the emergency services. They will refer to emergency contact details held on the admission form for the Breakfast Club and our normal procedures for notifying parents in the event of an accident/incident will be followed.
- Byerley Park Primary School Breakfast Club will not be liable for loss or damage to property brought onto the premises by parent/carer or child.
Childcare Vouchers and Tax-Free Child Care
Childcare Vouchers and Tax-Free Childcare payments can be used as payment for the Breakfast Club.
Vouchers are currently accepted from Kiddivoucher. If you currently receive vouchers from other providers, please inform the school office. Please use the link below to check your eligibility and apply for Tax-Free Childcare