Welcome to Year 5
Hello. I am Mrs. Watts, your Year 5 teacher. Year 5 is another very busy year and Mrs. Watts and Miss Ord aim to make it as enjoyable as possible, so that you learn well and achieve your true potential. This is your penultimate year at Byerley Park and we aim to ensure you are ready to take on the challenges that Year 5 will offer you in your educational journey.
Things To Remember
- PE lessons will take place on Monday and Thursday in the Autumn term. (PE kit can remain in school). Earrings and watches are not to be worn (nothing on wrists).
- Swimming will take place on Thursday in the Spring and early Summer terms (swimming costume/trunks, towel, googles and hat are needed for the lessons)
- Return spelling homework on a Monday.
- Return maths homework on a Monday.
- Return grammar homework on a Monday.
- Return completed reading book every Monday to be issued with a new book.
Reading – Please try to hear your child read as often as possible and change their home reading book every week. A new book will be issued every Tuesday.
Spelling rules and words to learn will be given as homework on Tuesday to be handed in the following Monday.
Grammar homework, to consolidate classwork, will be given on a Tuesday to be handed in the following Monday.
Maths homework, to consolidate classwork, will be given on a Tuesday to be handed in the following Monday.
Trips & Events
*Please note that these events may be subject to change.*
- 12th October – Workhouse museum trip
- 17th and 18th October – Parents’ evenings
- 10th November – Remembrance Service 9.30 am
- 13th November – Hoopstarz
- 15th November – Sports hall athletics
- 17th November – Children in Need
- 21st November – visit from Paul Cookson
- 6th December – Christmas lunch
- 8th December – Christmas jumper day
- 11th December – Carol Service pm
- 12th December – Carol Service am
- 13th December – Blaze pods
- 18th December – Christmas party
- 19th December – Carols by candlelight
- 4th January – swimming begins
- 24th January – Netball/wall at Oakleaf
- 14th February – School silent disco
- 7th March – World Book Day
- 21st March – theatre production (The Selfish Giant)
- 26th and 27th March – parents’ evenings
- 27th March – KS2 talent show
- 18th April – Outward bounds activities at Hardwick Park
- Week beginning 20th May – Sports week
- 22nd May – Sports day
- 19th June – Safety carousel
- 10th July – KS2 performance pm
- 11th July – KS2 performance am
- 12th July – whole school disability sports day
- 19th July – Reports sent to parents