Welcome to Year 5
Hello. I am Mrs. Watts, your Year 5 teacher. Year 5 is another very busy year and Mrs. Watts and Mrs. Robinson aim to make it as enjoyable as possible, so that you learn well and achieve your true potential. This is your penultimate year at Byerley Park and we aim to ensure you are ready to take on the challenges that Year 5 will offer you in your educational journey.
Things To Remember
- PE lessons will take place on Tuesday in the Summer term. (PE kit can remain in school). Earrings and watches are not to be worn.
- Swimming will take place on Thursday in the Spring and early Summer terms (swimming costume/trunks, towel, googles and hat are needed for the lessons)
- Return spelling homework on a Thursday.
- Return maths homework on a Thursday.
- Return grammar homework on a Thursday.
- Return completed reading book every Tuesday to be issued with a new book.
Reading – Please try to hear your child read as often as possible and change their home reading book every week. A new book will be issued every Tuesday.
Spelling rules and words to learn will be given as homework on Friday to be handed in the following Thursday.
Grammar homework, to consolidate classwork, will be given on a Friday to be handed in the following Thursday.
Maths homework, to consolidate classwork, will be given on a Friday to be handed in the following Thursday.
Trips & Events
*Please note that these events may be subject to change.*
- Spring disco: Thurs 7th April 2022
- Key Steps gymnastic competition Thursday 5th May 2022 (Participation is voluntary)
- Sports week: Monday 13th June – Friday 17th June 2022
- School colour run: Friday 17th June 2022
- Assessment week: Monday 20th June – Friday 24th June 2022
- Summer Performances: Mon 11th July at 2:15 pm and Tues 12th July at 9:30 am 2022
- Reports sent to parents: Fri 15th July 2022