Welcome to Year 2
Welcome to Year Two and your last year in Key Stage One! We have a super year a head of us. We will be learning about The Great Fire of London, the hot and cold places of our Earth, the adventures and expeditions of explorers like Neil Armstrong & Felicity Anson and how holidays at the seaside have changed over time. We will also be getting ready for life in Key Stage Two – learning how to ‘join – up’ all of our handwriting and learning some times tables ( 2s, 5s, 10s, 3s & 4s). We work hard in Year 2 but we have a lot of fun on our journey together!
Things To Remember
Reading – Phonics Shed books – Sent out on Mondays. Please return the following Monday.
Bug Club Books – Please return as and when complete.
Spelling Test – Fridays. Words to be learnt are available on EdShed to practice every Friday and will also be in the children’s yellow reading record book.
Homework – Set via Seesaw and available from 4:30pm on Thursdays. To be completed by the following Tuesday.
Tuesdays & Wednesdays
Autumn Term Events & Trips
- 29th September – Macmillan cake sale after school
- 11th October – 9.30am Harvest Festival
- 17th & 18th October – Parents’ Evenings (in person)
- 23rd October – Nasal Flu
- 27th October – Break Up
- 6th November – Return to school
- 13th November – Hoop Starz
- 17th November – Children in Need
- 24th & 27th November – Teacher Training Days
- 5th December – 2pm Nativity
- 6th December – 9.30am Nativity
- 6th December – Christmas Dinner Day
- 8th December – Christmas Jumper Day
- 14th December – KS1 Christmas Party
- 19th December – Break Up
- 3rd January – Return to school