Welcome to Year 1
Welcome to year 1. This is an important stepping stone for the children where they move away from play based learning, as experienced in Reception, and begin to experience a more formal approach. The children settle into this very quickly as we use a mix of hands on practical experiences alongside the more formal.
Mrs Reed works Monday to Wednesday and loves nothing more than getting away in her caravan with her two children.
Mrs Tyrell works Wednesday to Friday and loves being outdoors as much as possible; planting and growing a variety of plants and vegetables in her garden.
Mrs Wilson works all week with us and loves hiking in the Lake District.
Stories we have enjoyed reading together this year;
The book with no pictures by B.J. Novak
The Three Little Pigs
How to Wash a Woolly Mammoth by Michelle Robinson
The Odd Egg by Emily Gravett
Things to Remember
- PE Kit – Our PE lessons are on Monday and Thursday.
- Reading books – A new reading book will be issued every Monday, however, please ensure that your child has their reading book and book bag in school each day.
- Homework – Maths and Spelling homework will be posted on Seesaw every Friday and must be completed by the following Friday.
Trips & Events
- Wednesday 25th April – Children return to school
- Wednesday 27th April – Whole school Quidditch Day
- Tuesday 3rd May AM – Active Ted at Hardwick Park
- Thursday 26th May – Beamish School Trip for Reception and Year 1
- Friday 27th May – Break up for Half Term
- Monday 6th June – Children return to school.
- Tuesday 7th June – Alternative Sports Festival at NALC
- Monday 13th June – Whole School Sports Week
- Tuesday 5th July – Whole School “Skip into School” Workshop
- Wednesday 13th July – Key Stage 1 Talent Show
- Friday 15th July – End of Year reports out
- Wednesday 20th July – School closes for Summer