Welcome to Year 1
Welcome to year 1. This is an important stepping stone for the children where they move away from play based learning, as experienced in Reception, and begin to experience a more formal approach. The children settle into this very quickly as we use a mix of hands on practical experiences alongside the more formal.
Mrs Reed works Monday to Wednesday and loves nothing more than a pamper or a trip to Costa with her family.
Mrs Tyrell works Wednesday to Friday and loves being outdoors as much as possible; planting and growing a variety of plants and vegetables in her garden.
Mrs Wilson works all week with us and loves hiking in the Lake District.
Stories we have enjoyed reading together this year;
Titch by Pat Hutchins
Rufus Goes To School by Kim T. Griswell
Things to Remember
- PE Kit – Our PE lessons are on Monday and Thursday.
- Reading books – A new reading book will be issued every Monday, however, please ensure that your child has their reading book and book bag in school each day.
- Homework – Maths and phonics homework will be posted on Seesaw every Friday and must be completed by the following Friday.
Trips & Events
- 29th September – Macmillan cake sale after school
- 11th October – 9.30am Harvest Festival
- 17th & 18th October – Parents’ Evenings (in person)
- 23rd October – Nasal Flu
- 27th October – Break Up
- 6th November – Return to school
- 13th November – Hoop Starz
- 17th November – Children in Need
- 24th & 27th November – Teacher Training Days
- 5th December – 2pm Nativity
- 6th December – 9.30am Nativity
- 6th December – Christmas Dinner Day
- 8th December – Christmas Jumper Day
- 12th December – Sports Festival NALC
- 13th December – Hall Hill Farm Trip
- 14th December – KS1 Christmas Party
- 19th December – Break Up
- 3rd January – Return to school