Welcome to Reception Class
We hope your child will enjoy their very important first year with us – learning and becoming independent in a fun and challenging way. In Reception class we aim to provide a wide variety of worthwhile and meaningful experiences, which will give your child firm foundations on which to build their future education. We provide a stimulating environment to make learning enjoyable and interesting.
Things To Remember
Please could parents ensure that their child always has appropriate outdoor clothing for the weather conditions, as we will be outside for periods of time.
- Water bottles – Please ensure children have a bottle filled with water at school each day.
- Reading folders – Please bring these to school EVERY DAY.
- PE – Monday and Friday (please ensure ear-rings are removed on these days)
- Reading books – Practise with a grown-up. Please write in the reading record book to let school know how your child has managed and return to school the next day.
- Homework activities – Given each week to reinforce work we have completed at school. Please have fun completing these games and activities while at the same time helping children to get into good homework routines.
- Tapestry – Please have a look to see what we have been doing at school. It’s great to talk to children about what they have been doing and share the photographs with them, and please feel free to add any comments or keep school updated with the great things you do at home too.
Trips & Events
*Please note that these events may be subject to change.*
- Wednesday 13th October – Parents and carers are invited to join us to celebrate at our harvest festival assembly starting from 9.30am
- Friday 15th October – Children in Reception will be visiting Hardwick Park as part of their science, geography and literacy work to take part in a ‘leaf hunt’ workshop
- Tuesday 19th October and Wednesday 20th October – Parents evenings
- Wednesday 20th October – The English National Opera is visiting Byerley Park!
- Thursday 21st October – PTA School disco
- Friday 22nd October – Break up for half term
- Friday 12th November – Wear something spotty for Children in Need
- Friday 26th November – INSET day
- Monday 29th November – INSET day
- Wednesday 1st December – Hall Hill Farm trip to see the animals in their winter homes and hopefully meet a very special guest!
- Tuesday 7th December (2.15 pm) and Wednesday 8th December (9.30 am) – Parents and carers are invited to join us to watch the KS1 And Reception nativity performance
- Wednesday 15th December – Christmas dinner, jumper AND party day!
- Friday 17th December – Break up for Christmas Holidays
- 5th January – Children return to school
- Tuesday 15th February – Children in Reception to take part in a ‘Move with Max’ festival at Newton Aycliffe Leisure Centre
- Friday 18th February – Break up for half term
- Thursday 3rd March – World Book Day
- Tuesday 5th April and Wed 6th April – Parents’ evenings
- Thursday 7th April – school disco
- Thursday 7th April – Break up for the Easter holidays
- Reports sent to parents: Fri 15th July 2022