Welcome to Reception Class
We hope your child will enjoy their very important first year with us – learning and becoming independent in a fun and challenging way. In Reception class we aim to provide a wide variety of worthwhile and meaningful experiences, which will give your child firm foundations on which to build their future education. We provide a stimulating environment to make learning enjoyable and interesting.
Things To Remember
Please could parents ensure that their child always has appropriate outdoor clothing for the weather conditions, as we will be outside for periods of time.
- Water bottles – Please ensure children have a bottle filled with water at school each day.
- Reading folders – Please bring these to school EVERY DAY.
- PE – Monday and Wednesday (please ensure ear-rings are removed on these days)
- Sounds and words – Practise with a grown-up as often as you can.
- Reading books – Practise with a grown-up. Please write in the reading record book to let school know how your child has managed and return to school the next day.
- Homework activities – Given each week to reinforce work we have completed at school. Please have fun completing these games and activities while at the same time helping children to get into good homework routines.
- Tapestry – Please have a look to see what we have been doing at school. It’s great to talk to children about what they have been doing and share the photographs with them, and please feel free to add any comments or keep school updated with the great things you do at home too.
Trips & Events
*Please note that these events may be subject to change.*
- 29th September – Macmillan cake sale after school
- 11th October – 9.30am Harvest Festival
- 17th & 18th October – Parents’ Evenings (in person)
- 23rd October – Nasal Flu
- 27th October – Break Up
- 6th November – Return to school
- 13th November – Hoop Starz
- 15th November – Phonics Stay and Play 9.00-10.00am (Open to ALL Reception parents, further information can be found on Tapestry)
- 17th November – Children in Need
- 24th & 27th November – Teacher Training Days
- 5th December – 2pm Nativity
- 6th December – 9.30am Nativity
- 6th December – Christmas Dinner Day
- 8th December – Christmas Jumper Day
- 13th December – Hall Hill Farm Trip
- 14th December – KS1 Christmas Party
- 19th December – Break Up
- 3rd January – Return to school